In the past fox post mortems have revealed plastic packaging in the stomachs of foxes which resulted in their deaths. We have been noting things that could point to a problem in the ecosystem and I was just informed of the latest PM result:
"Severe chronic renal histopathology confirmed but I’m uncertain of the case. Possibly the pathology might suggest and infarct but again any cause of this is uncertain. Summary: Severe chronic renal pathology of uncertain cause. "
In case you are wondering what the mplications are: Chronic exposure to environmental pollutants is associated with renal damage, potentially affecting longevity and health of wild fox populations. This is a sentinel marker for ecosystem contamination and really should not be ignored but, as I have said over the last five decades, no one is interested "just foxes".
It's sad that back in July I noted 182 foxes had been reported dead. The current figure two months later is 230
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment