I've had three requests for help to try to stop construction work on green sites.
No.
I made my position clear: for 10 years I have been telling or suggesting that Bristol groups out to save green spaces unite as it makes it harder for the Council to approve development. The Longmoor site I asked the Save Ashton Vales Environment group to help highlight the wildlife and environment but their only concern was what it would all mean for their house prices.
I got stick for being too negative but what has happened? They've sneaked in and started construction on sites which means it is far too late to do anything.
I mentioned the grabbing of green sites to Avon Wildlife Trust ("we work with Bristol City Council", Friends of the Earth and other supposed environmental/save the countryside groups at the Wild Summit. Absolutely no interest what so ever. Just disinterest.
Badger setts at risk I'll look into but that's my unpaid job. Saving green spaces when l;ocals cannot be bothered....someone else's job.
On with the wildlife work.
No comments:
Post a Comment